Legal Guidance For Even The Most Complex Visa Applications

Knowledgeable Immigration Attorney With Years Of Experience

I am attorney Jing (Linda) Lin. As a naturalized citizen, I know what it is like to go through the U.S. immigration system. Over the years, I have helped immigrants throughout the United States and around the world. My passion lies in working with clients to attain temporary non-immigrant visas, permanent residency, get a work visa, bring relatives to the country, or obtain U.S. citizenship.

In addition to preparing your documents, I assist you with every detail of the process.  I explain each step and will file appeals for denied petitions.  I also assist you in overcoming visa denials/termination.  I attend interviews and hearings with you.  I have successfully represented clients before all U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) field offices in California, as well as USCIS field offices in Phoenix, Las Vegas, Chicago, Des Moines, Tampa, Fairfax, Newark, New York City and Long Island.

Bringing Workers Worldwide To The United States

I work with both individuals and employers to secure a variety of employment visas. Employment immigration matters I handle include:

  • PERM Labor Certification
  • EB-1 Visas
    • EB-1(a) – Aliens with Extraordinary Ability
    • EB-1(b) – Outstanding Professors and Researchers
    • EB-1(c) – Multinational Executives or Managers
  • EB-2 Visas
    • National Interest Waiver (NIW)
    • Professional Holding and Advanced Degree
    • Immigrants with Exceptional Ability
  • EB-3 Visas
    • Skilled Workers
    • Professionals
    • Unskilled Workers
  • EB-5 Visas
    • Immigrant Investors

Keep Your Family Together, Bring Your Family Home

To qualify for a family-based visa, you need to have an immediate relative or close family member who is a U.S. citizen or a lawful permanent resident. I can work with you to acquire a visa as a fiancé(e) or the fiancé(e)’s child, as a widow or widower of a U.S. citizen or through the Violence Against Women Act (VAWA). No matter how complex your situation seems, I will be with you every step of the way from beginning to end.

You are an immediate relative if you are:

  • The spouse of a U.S. citizen;
  • The unmarried child under 21 years of age of a U.S. citizen; or
  • The parent of a U.S. citizen (if the U.S. citizen is 21 years-of-age or older)

Your other family members eligible to apply for a green card are described in the following family “preference immigrant” categories:

  • First preference (F1) – unmarried sons and daughters (21 years of age and older) of U.S. citizens;
  • Second preference (F2A) – spouses and children (unmarried and under 21 years of age) of lawful permanent residents;
  • Second preference (F2B) – unmarried sons and daughters (21 years of age and older) of lawful permanent residents;
  • Third preference (F3) – married sons and daughters of U.S. citizens; and
  • Fourth preference (F4) – brothers and sisters of U.S. citizens (if the U.S. citizen is 21 years of age and older).

What To Know About Waivers

A waiver is a document that allows the U.S. government to overlook or forgive certain criteria that make you inadmissible for permanent residency. If you can get a waiver, you can get on the path to securing a green card. I can determine whether you qualify for waivers such as:

  • Waivers of the 3-year or 10-year bar due to unlawful presence (I-601A)
  • Fraud/misrepresentation waivers (I-601)
  • 212 waivers (Application for permission to reapply for admission into the United States after deportation or removal)
  • J-1 visa waivers

Even if you were told that you do not qualify for permanent residency, to not give up.  Get in touch with me to speak more about waivers.

Non-Immigrant (Temporary Visas)

  • B-1/B-2: Visitor Visa
  • F-1: Student Visas
  • J-1: Exchange Visitor Visas
  • H-1B: For persons who wish to perform services in a specialty occupation
  • H-2B: For persons who temporarily come to the U.S. and perform non-agricultural services or labor based on the employer’s temporary need.
  • L-1: For intracompany managers or executives
  • E-1/E-2: For Treaty Trader and Investor Visa
  • O-1/O-2: Individuals with Extraordinary ability or achievement
  • TN: For citizens of Canada or Mexico who will work in the NAFTA organization

Other Services

  • Humanitarian reinstatement
  • Survivor law under section 204(l)
  • Prevents children from “aging out” of eligibility for permanent residence under the Child Status Protection Act (CSPA)
  • Assistance in overcoming visa denials or termination (e.g., requesting to reinstate a visa registration)
  • Responding to USCIS’s Request For Evidence, denials or notices
  • Appeals with the Administrative Appeals Office (AAO)
  • Motions to reopen or reconsider at USCIS
  • Attorney representation at USCIS interviews (including preparing clients for interviews)
  • Consular processing
  • Naturalization and Citizenship

Get Cost-Effective Immigration Representation

I keep my legal fees as economical as possible so as not to put undue financial strain on you. For high-quality service with a variety of immigration law concerns, get in touch with me to schedule an initial consultation. Call my Los Angeles office toll-free at 888-209-3566, 562-267-3811 or schedule a consultation. I can sometimes offer free consultations.